Tim Weil is a Security Architect/IT Security Manager with over twenty five years of IT management, consulting and engineering experience in the U.S. Government and Communications Industry. Mr. Weil's technical areas of expertise include IT Security Management, Enterprise Security Architecture, FISMA Compliance, Identity Management, and Network Engineering. Mr. Weil is a Senior Member of the IEEE and has served in several IEEE positions -
General Chair - IEEE GREENTECH (2013); Chair of the Denver Section (2013); Chair of the Washington DC Section (2009), Washington Section Editor of the IEEE Scanner , Author/Editor/Technical Reviewer for several IEEE publications (IT Professional, Computer, Internet Computing, Security and Privacy), Patron Chair for the IEEE Communcations Society's GLOBECOM conferences.
His degrees include an M.S. in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University, and a B.A. in Sociology from Immaculate Heart College. Currently he is an industry-certified Security and Privacy professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), IT Auditor (CISA) and Risk and IS Control (CRISC).
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2009 - Service Management for ITS Using WAVE (1609) Networking
- T.Weil-Securing Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE), CardTech/SecureTech, New Orleans
- T.Weil, E. Coyne, R.Kuhn, IEEE Security&Privacy Magazine, Jan 2010 “Adding Attributes to Role-Based Access Control”
- T.Weil, E. Coyne, IEEE Security&Privacy Magazine, Jan 2008, “An RBAC Implementation-Interoperability Standard-The INCITS CS1.1 Model”
- Editor (2005-2007), IEEE SCANNER, Washington Monthly Newletter to 14,000 members
FISMA Compliance Security Manager
Risk Management and engineering for US Federal Clients (DOI, NSF, NOAA, DHS, IRS, USCG)
Download my full resume.
Brisol Who's Who Directory Listing - Tim Weil (SecurityFeeds)